Increased participation of youths and strengthening of local democracy within the Western Balkans
The Center for Democracy Foundation organised a closing event for the We Have A Say Youth Fund, implemented via the Regional Youth Compact for Europe project.
Through this Youth Fund, the CDF supported 13 local organisations operating within the region (North Macedonia, Albania, Montenegro, Kosovo*, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Serbia) and the projects they organised aimed to increase the participation of youths and strengthen local democracy in the WB.
Executive Director of the CDF, Nataša Vučković, thanked all organisations for their participation in the programme, highlighting that the active participation of youths is of exceptional importance: “We are extremely pleased that your projects are designed to achieve the goals that we have identified as crucial to Western Balkan youths”.
The following organisations presented their projects and the results achieved within their respective local communities:
- Art Aparat (Belgrade, Serbia),
- Youth Voice Network (Albania),
- Team 42 (Leskovac, Serbia),
- Eco Action (Tetovo, North Macedonia),
- InterLingua (Podgorica, Montenegro),
- NYGEA (BiH),
- Ogledna Bašta (Niš, Serbia),
- National Youth Congress (Albania),
- Brus Youth Centre (Brus, Serbia),
- Young Active Gračanica (Gračanica, Kosovo*),
- Student Union Vršac (Vršac, Serbia),
- Trade Union Education Centre (BiH),
- Balkan Development Centre (Kraljevo, Serbia).
Balkan Youth for Europe is a 3-year project implemented by the Center for Democracy Foundation and 13 other partners.
The project was financially supported by the European Union and co-financed by USAID and the Balkan Trust for Democracy.
Center for Democracy Foundation