Terms of use: Participants in the forum are expected to engage respectfully, share constructive ideas, and uphold a positive and inclusive environment when discussing youth issues in the Western Balkans. Hate speech and any form of discrimination are strictly prohibited on the forum. Please use gender-sensitive language whenever possible. Please use only English in communication.

Search found 4 matches

by makimasa
Tue Feb 25, 2025 8:29 pm
Forum: Mental health of youth - the influence of social networks
Topic: Mental health of youth- The influence of social networks
Replies: 195
Views: 936980

Re: Mental health of youth- The influence of social networks

That’s interesting because I’ve noticed that even when I know social media is messing with my mood, I still keep scrolling. It’s like I can’t stop, even though I know it’s unhealthy. Is that addiction? Or just habit?
by makimasa
Mon Feb 24, 2025 6:08 pm
Forum: Mental health of youth - the influence of social networks
Topic: Mental health of youth- The influence of social networks
Replies: 195
Views: 936980

Re: Mental health of youth- The influence of social networks

I see this all the time with my students. Many of them can’t focus for more than a few minutes without checking their phones. There’s also a rise in cyberbullying, which has serious consequences for mental health. Before, bullying was limited to school, but now it follows kids home, 24/7. The worst ...
by makimasa
Thu Feb 20, 2025 2:42 pm
Forum: Western Balkan Youth Migration - Causes and Effects
Topic: Western Balkan Youth Migration
Replies: 215
Views: 5726880

Re: Western Balkan Youth Migration

there are a lot of cases, I mean look at the influenecesrs. throuhg their work they travel a lot. they fell in love try long distance but the end thet choose the country with better options and brigter future. this is just an example of something we can witnes online. but we all have an aunt or some...
by makimasa
Tue Feb 18, 2025 3:22 pm
Forum: Mental health of youth - the influence of social networks
Topic: Mental health of youth- The influence of social networks
Replies: 195
Views: 936980

Re: Mental health of youth- The influence of social networks

Yeah, I’ve definitely seen this happen. People around me constantly compare themselves to influencers and celebrities, feeling like they’re not good enough. It’s like no matter how much they achieve or how they look, it never feels like enough because there’s always someone online who seems to be do...